User's guide /
Add recordOpen an OBS ERP module and click the Add button. Depending on the module, you would need to fill in a set fields to create a new record. Let's take the "Contacts" module for example (Fig. 1)
As you might notice, the fields are grouped in field sets (Personal, Business, Social, etc). You can expand or retract a field set by clicking on it.
- Number - allows numbers only
- Drop down - pick list. Please note that the labels of these fields are underlined. This means that you can click a label to add a value to the drop down menu.
- Live search - this field allows you to write a single letter or part of a word in order to find what you are looking for. For example, you can write the letter "a" in field "Company" and OBS ERP will enlist all companies containing the letter "a" in their name as shown on Fig. 2
You must pick a row from the enlisted results in order to make a selection.To deselect you need to press the red circle with X in it.
Please note that the labels of live search fields are underlined (Receiving company on Fig 2). This means that you can click a label to add a value to the live search menu.
- Text - opens up an HTML editor as a pop-up, where you can fill in information
- Date - allows dates only. Opens up a calendar on click.
- Time - allows date and time. Opens up a date and time selector.
- Code - allows you to write unformatted text
- Check Button - toggle button (on / off)
- Slider - the name says it all
Edit recordAs soon as you have the record created, you would be able to edit it. In case you use table template for data listing, you need to click the ID on the target row and select Edit as shown on Fig. 6. Then the form on Fig. 1 will appear.
In case you use table template for data listing, you need to click the checkbox on the target row and select "Delete" as shown on Fig. 7. Alternatively, you might use the "Delete" button from the pickup list shown on Fig. 6
Copy recordClick the "Copy" button shown on Fig. 6 in order to copy a record. In case a field is unique ( no duplicates are allowed ), OBS ERP will concatenate a rondom prefix to the value of the field. The related records get copied as well
Click the "View" button shown on Fig. 6 to view a record. OBS ERP will show all related records alongside the record information.
The blue buttons shown on Fig. 8 allow you to view information in related modules. The dark blue email button shows all emails related to the record.
Note: Emails sent through OBS ERP record get attached to the OBS ERP document. These emails remain in the database even if deleted from your mailbox